Part 8 P8/23007 - Batterstown Traffic Calming Scheme
MEATH COUNTY COUNCIL
Planning and Development Act 2000-2022
Planning and Development Regulations 2001-2023
NOTICE OF PROPOSED DEVELOPMENT
Batterstown Traffic Calming Scheme
In accordance with the above regulations Meath County Council proposes to carry out development at Rathregan & Glebe Townlands, Batterstown, Dunshaughlin Co. Meath.
The proposed development will consist of:
• Traffic Calming of 1.8km of carriageway within Batterstown village
• Provision of footpaths and Kerbs along the R154 and the L2215
• Provision of raised table pedestrian crossing points.
• Upgrade of controlled crossings and the provision of new zebra crossing.
• Provision of concrete Traffic Islands within the 50kph zone
• Provision of improved parallel parking
• Provision of off-line bus stops on both sides of the R154.
• Proposed Public lighting, accommodation boundary works, landscaping works,
drainage/attenuation works, and ancillary infrastructure, utility works and all ancillary works.
The development has been the subject of an Appropriate Assessment screening in accordance with Article 6(3) of the EU Habitats Directive (Directive 92/43/EEC) and the Planning and Development Act 2000-2022.
In accordance with Article 81 of the Planning & Development Regulations 2001-2023, Meath County Council has concluded from a preliminary examination under Article 120(1)(b)(i), that there is no real likelihood of significant effects on the environment arising from the proposed development and that an Environmental Impact Assessment is not required.
Any person may, within 4 weeks from the date of this notice, apply to An Bord Pleanála for a screening determination as to whether the proposed development would be likely to have significant effects on the environment.
The plans and particulars of the proposed development will be available for inspection or purchase at a fee not exceeding the reasonable cost of making a copy, during office hours, at the offices of the Local Authority as follows:
- The Planning Section, Meath County Council, Buvinda House, Dublin Road, Navan, Co. Meath, C15 Y291 (inspection and purchase)
- Meath County Council, Ratoath Municipal District Office, Drumree Road, Dunshaughlin, Co. Meath, A85 PP71 (inspection only)
- https://consult.meath.ie/ (inspection only)
from Friday 8th September 2023 to Friday 6th October 2023 .
- see website for public opening hours: www.meath.ie
Submissions or observations with respect to the proposed development dealing with the proper planning and sustainable development of the area in which the development would be situated may be made in writing to the Local Authority: Planning Department, Meath County Council, Buvinda House, Dublin Road, Navan, Co. Meath, C15 Y291 or emailed firstname.lastname@example.org or via the https://consult.meath.ie/ on or before Saturday 21st October 2023.