Convent Road Filtered Permeability Scheme - Traffic Management Trial
Comhairle Chontae na Mi
Meath County Council
Road Traffic Acts, 1961 – 2016
Public Transport Regulation Act, 2009 as amended
Convent Road Filtered Permeability Scheme
Traffic Management Trial
Meath County Council, in exercise of the powers conferred on it under Section 38 of the Road Traffic Act 1994 and Section 46 of the Public Transport Regulation Act, 2009, as amended, hereby gives notice that it has prepared a scheme for a traffic management trial for Convent Road (L-34002-0) in the Townland of Athlumney in Navan.
The Scheme provides for:
- The temporary closure of Convent Road for a period of 12 months to vehicular traffic from the Riverside development to Athlumney Castle (with local access provided);
- Traffic calming on Convent Road in proximity to the entrance to the Loreto Secondary School;
- Enhanced public lighting;
- Provision of CCTV for the purposes of traffic management, public order and safety in public places;
- Landscaping measures;
- Road surfacing, erection of signage; and
- ancillary works
Due to the current Covid-19 restrictions in place all Council Buildings are closed, with public access limited to urgent business only. Plans and particulars of the proposal are available for inspection from 5th July 2021 under ‘Public Consultations’ on the Council’s website (https://consult.meath.ie)
The plans and particulars of the proposed scheme will be available for inspection by appointment from Monday 5th July, 2021 to Friday 23rd July, 2021 during office hours at the offices of the Local Authority listed below:
- Meath County Council, Buvinda House, Dublin Road, Navan, Co Meath, C15 Y291.
Persons wishing to inspect the documents at this location are requested to contact Customer Services on 046 9097000 in advance to arrange viewing, or by email to email@example.com
A copy of the plans for the Convent Road Traffic Management Trial can be purchased by any person on payment of a sum of €5 in the offices referred to above.
Representations/observations in relation to the proposed traffic management trial and associated works may be made in writing to the Roads Authority as follows: Administrative Officer, Meath County Council, Transportation Department, Buvinda House, Dublin Road, Navan, Co. Meath C15 Y291, via the Council’s website https://consult.meath.ie, or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 5pm on Monday 26th July, 2021.