Part 8 P8/22020 - Navan Cycle Scheme – R147 Poolboy Bridge to Kells Road Roundabout
MEATH COUNTY COUNCIL - SITE NOTICE
PLANNING NOTICE – PART 8
Part XI of the Planning and Development Act 2000 -2021.
Part 8 of the Planning and Development Regulations 2001 - 2022.
NOTICE OF PROPOSED DEVELOPMENT
Navan Cycle Scheme – R147 Poolboy Bridge to Kells Road Roundabout
Planning Reference: P8/22020
In accordance with the above regulations Meath County Council proposes to carry out development works on the following roads and junctions in Navan;
- R147, from its junction with R-161-5 Watergate Street and R-162-169 Flower Hill westwards to the N51 Junction with Beaufort Road and L-8950-0 Abbey Road. Thereon continuing westwards along the N51 to tie-in with the proposed LDR4 road scheme to the east of the existing Kells Road Roundabout.
- The junction of the R147 with R-161-5 Watergate Street and R-162-169 Flower Hill known as Poolboy Bridge.
- The junction of R147 with the N51 Beaufort Road and L-8950-0 Abbey Road known as ‘Fire Station Junction’.
- The junction of the N51 and the R-895-2 Canon Row and the Balmoral Industrial Estate.
The proposed works will be carried out within existing roadway boundaries, with some minor relocation/setting back of some public and private boundaries.
Construction works along the route will involve the following elements;
- Construction of new kerb lines for new footpaths and cycle lanes/tracks
- Provision of new footpaths and/or upgrading of existing surfaces on footpaths
- Provision of controlled crossings points for pedestrians and cyclists
- Provision of segregated cycling facilities
- Provision for shared road space for cycling
- Upgrading of existing signalised junctions to accommodate safe pedestrian and cyclist maneuvers
- Removal of the existing left-turn-lane on Abbey Road heading west
- The provision of additional landscaping such as trees, shrubbery etc.
- Earthworks / excavations of existing roadways and verges, of existing roadway/footpaths, for service ducts and road crossings, etc.
- All associated civil works with the above i.e., ducting, drainage, concreting, macadam works, tree felling, hedge removal etc
- Provision of retaining features within existing side slopes to provide additional width for pedestrian and cycling facilities
- Setting back of the wall between the N51 and Dean Cogan Place
- Upgrading existing bus stops
The proposed works above will take place in the Townlands of Townparks & Abbeyland South in Navan, Co. Meath.
In accordance with Article 81(2)(ca) of the Planning & Development Regulations 2001 - 2022, Meath County Council has concluded from a screening determination under Article 120(1B)(b)(i) that there is no real likelihood of significant effects on the environment arising from the proposed development and that an Environmental Impact Assessment is not required. Any person may, within 4 weeks from the date of this notice, apply to An Bord Pleanála for a screening determination as to whether the proposed development would be likely to have significant effects on the environment.
The plans and particulars of the proposed development will be available for inspection and/or purchase at a fee not exceeding the reasonable cost of making a copy, from Tuesday 15th November 2022 to Wednesday 14th December 2022, during opening hours only, at the offices of the Local Authority as follows:
Meath County Council, Buvinda House, Dublin Rd, Navan, Co. Meath, C15 Y291 (Inspection & Purchase)
and on the Meath County Council website www.meath.ie
Submissions or observations with respect to the proposed development, dealing with the proper planning and sustainable development of the area in which the development would be situated, may be made in writing to the Local Authority : Planning Department, Meath County Council, Buvinda House, Dublin Road, Navan, Co. Meath, through the Council’s website (www.meath.ie or https://consult.meath.ie) or emailed to email@example.com on or before 17:00 hours on Tuesday 6th January 2023.
Late submissions will not be accepted.
Submissions should be headed:
‘Proposed Cycle Scheme – R147 Poolboy Bridge to Kells Road Roundabout’.
Planning Reference: P8/22020
All comments, including names of those making comments, submitted to the Council in regard to this scheme will form part of the statutorily required report to be presented at a meeting of the Elected Members. Accordingly, they will also be included in the minutes of that meeting and may appear in the public domain.
Meath County Council is subject to the provisions of Freedom of Information (FOI Acts 1997 and 2014) and the Data Protection Acts 1988 and 2013.