Part 8 P8/23006 - Dunshaughlin Courthouse Project
MEATH COUNTY COUNCIL
Planning and Development Act 2000- 2022
Planning and Development Regulations 2001-2023
Dunshaughlin Courthouse Project
Notice is hereby given in accordance with the above, that Meath County Council proposes to carry out development at the former Courthouse, Main St, Dunshaughlin, Co Meath.
The proposed development will consist of:
- Conservation, renovation and extension of an existing protected structure (LA RPS ID 91435) and the creation of a multi-purpose community facility at the former Courthouse in Dunshaughlin;
- The enhancement of the existing public forecourt, public road and footpaths to the front of the Courthouse and adjoining Garda Station to create a focal point for the local community;
- Relocation within the forecourt of the public art piece, ‘Spring to Autumn’
- All ancillary site works.
The Development has been subject to an Appropriate Assessment screening in accordance with Article 6 (3) of the EU Habitats Directive (Directive 92/43/EEC) and the Planning and Development Acts 2000–2022.
In accordance with Article 81 of the Planning & Development Regulations 2001-2023, Meath County Council has concluded from a screening determination under Article 120(1B) (b)(i) that there is no real likelihood of significant effects on the environment arising from the proposed development and that an Environmental Impact Assessment is not required.
Any person may, within 4 weeks from the date of this notice, apply to An Bord Pleanála for a screening determination as to whether the proposed development would be likely to have significant effects on the environment.
The plans and particulars of the proposed development will be available for inspection or purchase at a fee not exceeding the reasonable cost of making a copy during office hours at the offices of the Local Authority as follows:
- Planning Department, Meath County Council, Buvinda House, Dublin Road, Navan, C15 Y291 (Inspection and purchase)
- Meath County Council, Ratoath Municipal District Office, Drumree Road, Dunshaughlin, Co. Meath, A85 PP71 (Inspection only)
- Dunshaughlin Library, Main Street, Dunshaughlin, Co. Meath, A85 KW81 (Inspection only)
- https://consult.meath.ie (Inspection only)
from Monday 4th September 2023 to Monday the 2nd October 2023.
Submissions or observations with respect to the proposed development, dealing with the proper planning and sustainable development of the area in which the development would be situated, may be made in writing to the Local Authority: Planning Department, Meath County Council, Buvinda House, Dublin Road, Navan, Co. Meath, C15 Y291 or emailed to email@example.com or via the web portal https://consult.meath.ie on or before Monday 16th October, 2023.