Proposed development at the Former Spicer’s Bakery, Ramparts Car Park and Andy Brennan Park, Athlumney, Navan, Co. Meath
Notice of Application to An Bord Pleanála for Approval
Proposed development at the Former Spicer’s Bakery, Ramparts Car Park and Andy Brennan Park, Athlumney, Navan, Co. Meath.
Pursuant to Section 177AE of the Planning & Development Act 2000-2022 and the requirements of the Planning & Development Regulations 2001-2022 notice is hereby given that Meath County Council intends to make an application for approval to An Bord Pleanála to carry out development at the formers Spicer’s Bakery (Registered Protected Structure), the ramparts car park and Andy Brennan Park in the townland of Athlumney, Navan, Co. Meath. The application site includes a protected structure no. 90881 The Former Spicer’s Bakery.
The proposed development comprises of the following;
1. The preservation and conservation of the former Spicer’s Bakery (PS) and the demolition of associated outbuildings and sheds.
2. The renovation and extension of the former Spicer’s Bakery 2 Storey Office Building as a café with an associated public realm area inclusive of bandstand.
3. The reconfiguration of the Ramparts Carpark with new access and egress points, cycle parking, public realm area and footpaths.
4. The demolition of 4 no. terraced derelict properties along the Athlumney Road and replacement with a stepped public plaza area at the entrance to Andy Brennan Park.
5. The redevelopment of the Andy Brennan Park for active recreational use including the refurbishment of the existing fishing platform.
6. Associated landscaping associated pedestrian linkages including 2 no. pedestrian crossings; site drainage works; and all associated site development works.
A Natura Impact Statement has been prepared in respect of the proposed development.
An Bord Pleanála may approve the proposed development in whole or in part, with or without specified modifications, or it may refuse to approve the proposed development.
The Natura Impact Statement together with all Plans and Particulars of the proposed development will be available for inspection free of charge or may be purchased on payment of a small fee (which fee shall not exceed the reasonable cost of making such a copy) during public opening hours within the period 22nd December 2022 and 13th February 2023, inclusive, at the following locations:
- An Bord Pleanála, 64 Marlborough Street, Dublin 1
- Meath County Council, Buvinda House, Dublin Rd, Navan, Co Meath
- Online at: https://www.meath.ie/council/council-services/planning-and-building
Submissions and observations are invited relating to –
- The implications of the proposed development for the proper planning and sustainable development of the area concerned,
- The likely effects on the environment of the proposed development, and
- The likely significant effects of the proposed development on a European site, if carried out.
Submissions or observations can only be made in writing to An Bord Pleanála, 64 Marlborough Street, Dublin 1, not later than 5.30pm on 13th February 2023.
All submissions must be labelled with the following project name: Meath County Council Spicer’s Bakery/Andy Brennan Project, Athlumney, Navan, Co. Meath.
A person may question the validity of a decision by An Bord Pleanála by way of an application for judicial review, under Order 84 of the rules of the Superior Courts (S.I. No.15 of 1986) in accordance with Section 50 of the Planning and Development Act 2000-2022, Practical information in respect of the judicial review process can be accessed on www.pleanala.ie or www.citizensinformation.ie.