Part 8 P8/22014- Proposed Convent Road Traffic Management Scheme
PLANNING NOTICE – PART 8
MEATH COUNTY COUNCIL
Planning and Development Act 2000 -2021
Planning and Development Regulations 2001 - 2022
In accordance with the above regulations Meath County Council proposes the continued use and to make permanent, a traffic management scheme for Convent Road (L-34002-0) in the Townland of Athlumney in Navan. The scheme was delivered as a 12-month trial via a process under Section 38 of the Road Traffic Act 1994 and Section 46 of the Public Transport Regulation Act, 2009, as amended. The works which are proposed for permanent use are located within existing roadway boundaries.
The Scheme provides for:
- The closure of part of Convent Road to vehicular traffic from the Riverside development to Athlumney Castle (with local access provided);
- Traffic calming on Convent Road in proximity to the entrance to the Loreto Secondary School;
- Enhanced public lighting;
- Provision of CCTV for the purposes of traffic management, public order and safety in public places;
- Landscaping measures;
- Road surfacing, erection of signage; and
- Ancillary works
The works include the following elements;
- Construction of new kerb lines for build outs
- Provision of new sections footpath and upgrading of existing surfaces on footpaths
- Provision of controlled crossings points for pedestrians
- Provision of raised tables/ramps to control and regulate vehicular speeds
- Provision for shared road space for cycling
- Provision of cctv poles and cabinets and connection of same to electricity supply network
- Earthworks / excavations of existing roadways and verges, of existing roadway/footpaths, for service ducts and road crossings, etc.
- All associated civil works with the above i.e., micro-ducting, drainage improvements, concreting, macadam works, etc
The works are located in the Townland of Athlumney, Co. Meath.
In accordance with Article 81(2)(ca) of the Planning & Development Regulations 2001 - 2022, Meath County Council has concluded from a screening determination under Article 120(1B)(b)(i) that there is no real likelihood of significant effects on the environment arising from the proposed development and that an Environmental Impact Assessment is not required. Any person may, within 4 weeks from the date of this notice, apply to An Bord Pleanála for a screening determination as to whether the proposed development would be likely to have significant effects on the environment.
The plans and particulars of the proposed development will be available for inspection and/or purchase at a fee not exceeding the reasonable cost of making a copy, from Tuesday 13th September 2022 to Wednesday 12th October 2022, during opening hours only, at the offices of the Local Authority as follows
Meath County Council, Buvinda House, Dublin Rd, Navan, Co. Meath, C15 Y291 (Inspection & Purchase) and on the Meath County Council website www.meath.ie
Submissions or observations with respect to the proposed development, dealing with the proper planning and sustainable development of the area in which the development would be situated, may be made in writing to the Local Authority : Planning Department, Meath County Council, Buvinda House, Dublin Road, Navan, Co. Meath, through the Council’s website (www.meath.ie or https://consult.meath.ie) or emailed to email@example.com on or before Thursday 27th October 2022.