Part 8 P8/20014 - Ratoath Pedestrian & Cycling Scheme
Planning Notice – Part 8
MEATH COUNTY COUNCIL
Planning and Development Act 2000 – 2019.
Planning and Development Regulations 2001 – 2020.
NOTICE OF PROPOSED DEVELOPMENT
RATOATH PEDESTRIAN & CYCLING SCHEME
In accordance with the above regulations Meath County Council proposes to carry out development works on all approach roads, from the Town edge, into the centre of Ratoath itself. The proposed works will be carried out within existing roadway boundaries, with some minor relocation/setting back of some private boundaries.
Construction works along the route will involve the following elements;
- Construction of new kerb lines for new footpaths and cycle lanes/tracks
- Provision of new footpaths and/or upgrading of existing surfaces on footpaths
- Provision of controlled crossings points for pedestrians
- Provision of raised tables to control / regulate vehicular speeds
- Provision of segregated and shared cycling facilities
- Provision for shared road space for cycling
- Provision of a River Walk route adjacent to the Broadmeadow River
- Earthworks / excavations of existing roadways and verges, of existing roadway/footpaths, for service ducts and road crossings, etc.
- All associated civil works with the above i.e. ducting, drainage, concreting, macadam works, tree felling etc
The proposed works above will take place in the Townlands of Ratoath, Jamestown (ED Ratoath), and Brownstown (Ed Ratoath), Co. Meath.
In accordance with Article 81 of the Planning & Development Regulations 2001-2018, Meath County Council has concluded from a preliminary examination, that there is no real likelihood of significant effects on the environment arising from the proposed development and that an Environmental Impact Assessment is not required. Any person may, within 4 weeks from the date of this notice, apply to An Bord Pleanála for a screening determination as to whether the proposed development would be likely to have significant effects on the environment.
The plans and particulars of the proposed development will be available for inspection and/or purchase at a fee not exceeding the reasonable cost of making a copy, from Thursday 08th October 2020 to Friday 06th November 2020, during opening hours only, at the offices of the Local Authority as follows:
- Meath County Council, Buvinda House, Dublin Rd, Navan, Co. Meath, C15 Y291 (Inspection & Purchase)
- Ratoath Municipal District Office, Drumree Road, Dunshaughlin, A85 XK20 (Inspection only)
and on the Meath County Council website www.meath.ie
Submissions or observations with respect to the proposed development, dealing with the proper planning and sustainable development of the area in which the development would be situated, may be made in writing to the Local Authority : Planning Department, Meath County Council, Buvinda House, Dublin Road, Navan, Co. Meath, through the Council’s website (www.meath.ie or https://consult.meath.ie) or emailed to email@example.com on or before 20th November 2020.