Part 8 P8/22018 - N52 CALLIAGHSTOWN ROAD SAFETY IMPROVEMENT SCHEME
MEATH COUNTY COUNCIL
Planning Notice Part 8
Planning and Development Act 2000-2021
Planning and Development Regulations 2001 – 2022
NOTICE OF PROPOSED DEVELOPMENT
N52 CALLIAGHSTOWN ROAD SAFETY IMPROVEMENT SCHEME
In accordance with the above regulations Meath County Council proposes to carry out development at Townspark, Calliaghstown, Lackmelch and Barfordstown, southwest of Kells, Co. Meath.
The proposed development will consist of:
• The provision of a footpath (approximately 950m long) primarily along the northside of the N52 from its junction with the Rhine road, L68355 to the existing footpath at the M3-N3-N52 roundabout at Townspark, Kells Co. Meath.
• Two number traffic calming gateways on the N52, at Barfordstown and Townspark.
• Safety improvement works to the junctions of the N52 and The Rhine road, L68355 and to the junction of the N52 and Boolies road, L68350.
• Drainage works comprising road gullies, underground pipelines (both new and upsizing existing)
• Public Lighting, Accommodation & fencing/boundary works, Relocation of utility poles
• Landscaping works and ancillary infrastructure works.
The development has been the subject of an Appropriate Assessment screening in accordance with Article 6(3) of the EU Habitats Directive (Directive 92/43/EEC) and the Planning and Development Acts 2000 -2021.
In accordance with Article 81 of the Planning & Development Regulations 2001-2022, Meath County Council has concluded from a preliminary examination, that there is no real likelihood of significant effects on the environment arising from the proposed development and that an Environmental Impact Assessment is not required. Any person may, within 4 weeks from the date of this notice, apply to An Bord Pleanála for a screening determination as to whether the proposed development would be likely to have significant effects on the environment.
The plans and particulars of the proposed development will be available for inspection or purchase at a fee not exceeding the reasonable cost of making a copy, during office hours, at the offices of the Local Authority at the following locations:
• The Planning Section, Meath County Council, Buvinda House, Dublin Road, Navan, Co. Meath, C15 Y291 (inspection and purchase – see website meath.ie for Planning Counter opening hours)
• Meath County Council, Kells Municipal District Office, Headfort Place, Kells Co. Meath, A82 W2R3 (Opening Hours 9:00am to 1:00pm and 2:00pm to 5:00pm) (inspection only)
• https://consult.meath.ie/ (inspection only)
from Monday 24th October 2022 to Tuesday 22nd November 2022 (excluding weekends, Public Holidays, and Bank Holidays)
Submissions or observations with respect to the proposed development dealing with the proper planning and sustainable development of the area in which the development would be situated may be made in writing to the Local Authority : Planning Department, Meath County Council, Buvinda House, Dublin Road, Navan, Co. Meath, C15 Y291 or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or via the https://consult.meath.ie/ on or before Tuesday 06th December 2022.