Meath Draft County Development Plan
We welcome Your Submission
Draft Meath County
Development Plan 2020-2026
The plan has been prepared in accordance with the provisions of Section 12(1)(b) of the Planning and Development Acts 2000-2019. The Draft Plan is accompanied by an Environmental Report, prepared in accordance with the Planning and Development (Strategic Environmental Assessment) Regulations 2004 and an Appropriate Assessment, pursuant to Article 6 of the Habitats Directive.
View the Draft Development Plan
You can review the Draft Meath County Development Plan 2020-2026 Written Statement (Volume 1), Written Statements for Settlements (Volume 2), Map Sheets (Volume 3), Supporting Documentation (including Environmental Report, Appropriate Assessment Screening, Natura Impact Report and accompanying documents (Volume 4) and Appendices both here online or on display in a number of locations.
Have your say
You can make online or written submissions to the Draft Development Plan and/or all associated documents. Please make your submission as early as possible by one medium only, ie. Online via this consultation portal or hard copy.
There are many benefits of making a submission using this consultation portal. For example, you can:
- Start your submission and complete later
- Indicate areas of interest on an interactive map
- View all zoning layers and other layers of interest related to the plan
- After submissions are published, easily query all consultation data
- Get notifications and updates about the consultation
Register for an account today for all Meath County Council public consultations. This is a one-time process. Once you have activated your registration through the link sent to your email address, you can then make a submission.
Make a written submission
Written observations or submissions should be marked ‘Draft Meath County Development Plan 2020-2026’, and submitted to the Senior Executive Officer, Planning Department, Meath County Council, Buvinda House, Dublin Road, Navan, Co. Meath C15 Y291. Observations or submissions must include the full name and address of the person(s) making the submission and where relevant, the body or organisation represented. Please note that observations or submissions will be made public on the website and at the offices of the Planning Department. Emailed submissions will not be accepted.
Note: Requirement for names and addresses
Any submission should state your name, address and where relevant, the body or organisation represented. All submissions to the Draft Development Plan 2020-2026 will form part of the statutory Chief Executive’s Report to be presented to the full Council. Please be aware that this will include the names and addresses of those making the submissions. Accordingly, the report and its contents will be included in the minutes of that meeting and consequently will be published on our website.
Locations for display of the Draft Plan
Meath County Council, Buvinda House, Dublin Road, Navan, Co. Meath, C15 Y291 Monday to Friday between 9.00am to 1.00pm and 2.00pm to 5.00pm.
The following Municipal District Offices during normal office opening hours:
Ashbourne Municipal District,1-2 Killegland Square Upper, Ashbourne, A84 NY73
From 9.00am – 1.00pm and 2.00pm – 5.00pm
Kells Municipal District, Town Hall, Headfort Place, Kells, A82 W2R3
From 9.00 am – 1.00 pm & 2.00 pm – 5.00 pm
Laytown/Bettystown Municipal District, Main Street, Duleek, A92 R9KW
From 09.00 am – 1.00 pm and 2.00 pm – 5.00 pm
Trim Municipal District, Mornington House, Summerhill Road, Trim C15 P2HE
From 09.00 am – 1.00 pm and 2.00 pm – 5.00. pm
The following Public Libraries during the library opening hours:
- Ashbourne Library, 1-2 Killegland Square, Ashbourne, A84 NY73
- Athboy Library, Kells Road, Athboy, C15 TY80
- Duleek Library, Main Street, Duleek, A92 R9KW
- Dunboyne Library, Castle View, Dunboyne, A86 H393
- Dunshaughlin Library, Main Street, Dunshaughlin, A85 KW81
- Kells Library, Castle Street, Kells, A82 YN52
- Meath County Library / Navan Branch Library, Railway Street, Navan C15 RW31
- Nobber Library, Nobber, A82 YW99
- Oldcastle Library, Millbrook Road, Oldcastle, A82 N125
- Leabharlann Ráth Chairn, Baile Átha Bui, Co na Mi, C15 A9X3
- Slane Library, Castle Hill, Slane, C15 XWFS
- Trim Library, High Street, Trim, C15 P668
- €200 for Volume 1 - Written Statement
- €200 for Volume 2 – Written Statement (Settlements)
- €200 for Volume 3 – Book of Maps
- €700 for full set of documents including maps (Volumes 1 - 4)
The personal information (data) collected during the consultation process (which may include the collection of sensitive personal data) is collected for the purpose of receiving and dealing with submissions and any data collected is subject to Meath County Council’s privacy statement which can be found at https://www.meath.ie/council/your-council/your-data-and-access-to-information/data-protection/privacy-notices/planning-department.